What distinguishes value-chain partnerships?
- joint provision of sustainably produced food for the mutual benefit of all stakeholders
- close cooperation between actors, based on partnership
- orientation towards quality and transparency for the consumers
Why should organic breeding matter to value-chain actors?
- current cultivars and animal breeds are not adjusted to organic production and processing
- novel breeding technologies are diverging from organic principles
- investment for the future: what is bred today will be on our plates in 10-15 years
- necessary for self-determined and independent further development of the organic sector